Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement : 12/06/2021
What we’re doing to make you feel safe…..
During these tumultuous times, it’s now more than ever that we appreciate your unwavering loyalty and support.
In return, we will continue to treat your health and safety as our priority.
We would like to reassure you that a series of rigorous risk assessments have been performed and controls are being implemented to minimise infection risk. We are focusing on implementing best practice guidelines drawn from recommendations from The WHO, The UK Government and The Hospitality Industry regulatory body, thereby ensuring robust protocols and operating procedures.
Below is an example of some of the steps which are being implemented:
- We offer 2 guest rooms on site which will accommodate a maximum of 4 guests from 2 households (or less), thus complying with current government regulations. This will also act to facilitate social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed at key points.
- Enhanced cleaning beyond our usual high standards are being implemented to comply with current Government guidelines. There will be a focus on the regular sanitisation of various touch points e.g. door handles and hand rails with virucidal disinfectant. All linens will continue to be laundered in-house above 60 degrees.
- Personal protective equipment to be worn where appropriate (guest interaction) e.g. face visor/ face covering and gloves.
- We have removed many additional items from around the guest house to facilitate more thorough cleaning protocols e.g. books/ bedspreads. Please note these items are still available on request.
- Regular hand washing and optimal respiratory hygiene to be adopted by staff.
- All breakfast items will be served at your table including cereals, fruits and juices. We regret that buffet service will no longer be used.
- We will continue to encourage the use of contactless payments via Stripe (online payment gateway).
We are committed to providing a safe and clean environment and where possible will do everything we can to help you relax and enjoy your stay.
Reservations and Future Booking
We are now accepting bookings for stays from 28th May 2021.
Standard terms and conditions apply with the following caveats in place.
We reserve the right to cancel bookings should a Government or Local Authority enforced lockdown become necessary or if persons with symptoms consistent with coronavirus are found to be on site.
If you fall ill with COVID 19 and are unable to travel we will attempt to transfer your booking to a future date. If this is not possible then the normal cancellation policy will apply and you will forfeit your deposit. You are reminded that it is recommended that you have valid travel insurance in the event of not being able to to complete your holiday.
We request that if you are feeling unwell prior to your stay (with symptoms consistent with a coronavirus diagnosis), that you follow current Government guidance and stay at home to self isolate.
N.B. Please note that due to the layout and nature of the building, Jenkin Hill Cottage is NOT suitable for the purposes of self isolating. Any bookings made with the expressed purpose of self isolating (either following international travel from restricted countries or following receipt of a positive coronavirus test result) will NOT be honoured. Any costs incurred as a result of bookings contravening this regulation will remain the responsibility of the client and not the proprietor.
Should you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to call us on 01768778822.
We are happy to help. Get in touch now.